Friday, April 12, 2019

How to treat a delicate fish in nice way?

Hey there!
How are you all?! It has been while I wrote something in my blog! Lot of things were going on in between.. so could not make time to write! I apologize for that unintentional delay. Today I am back to write again! Basically I was feeling low for couple of days, tried different ways to cheer up myself then it came up in my mind all on a sudden that why I am not trying to write?! Writing is the best way to keep mind busy in a good work. And also make a communication with all the good people around... 😄😄

Today I am going to write about a very delicate fish specially for Bengali people. The fish name is "Hilsha" which is probably a distance cousin of Salmon. Hilsha is delicate because of it's nice smell and amazing taste. In Bengali cuisine, it got full respect and treated as a royal element. Actually how many words I will write it will not be enough to justify the elegance of this fish. So I am trying to hold myself not to be confined only putting words about elegance of this f
ish but also moving forward to the main recipe. Oho !! one more thing I forgot to mention that "Hilsha" is the national fish of Bangladesh. Almost 70% of Hilsha get caught in Bangladesh. You can google it for more accurate and amazing details!! 😇😇😇😇


Hilsha Fish

I am living abroad for more than 3 years. And unfortunately the places I lived so far there was no Bangladeshi store nearby. So it was not possible to get Hilsha here and obviously I was missing it a lot. But a few days ago I managed to get this fish with the help of my friend. I am very thankful to my friend for this great work!!.. Than what I did to it by giving proper respect to it's delicacy.

If you ever heard about biriyani you know how much we adore it. It's the most popular dish all over the sub-continent. Now, it's getting many more fans all over the world. And I already mentioned the delicacy of Hilsha. So I thought about combining these two in one dish. So, I am presenting "Hilsha Biriyani" in my own way. Simple, Easy but delicious!

I am dividing this in three parts for better understanding!

Hilsha Preparation:

I took 5 big pieces of fish. Than put all the spices and other ingredients according to my taste. And I do believe everyone's taste is different so it might vary. I took a large pot where I will cook the whole recipe. Than I  heat mustard oil, put cumin seeds, wait till to crackle. Then., Put onion slices. Fried onions till light brown. Than put 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste. Cooked until the raw smell went out. Then put a little water which will save the powdered spices from burning. Then assemble curry powder, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt according to taste (Not much but at least 1 tea spoon). Mix well. Put the fishes. And with lid on cook one side. Then carefully change the side. And cook this side with lid on in the same way.  When fish get cooked take the fish pieces out carefully from the gravy and put aside.

Rice Preparation:

Took  2 cups of  basmati rice. Soaked in water for 30 minutes.

Combination:

The gravy which is left in the pot. There put a mixture of milk, water, 1 piece of each whole spices ( cardamom. cinnamon, bayleaf). The whole mixture will be around 3-4 cups. Adjust it according to how much water is needed to cook your rice. Boil it for around 2-3 minutes. Then put rice into it. Then just wait to the time needed to cook the rice. For me it took 25 minutes. then when rice is done, arrange cooked fish pieces on top, garnish with chilies and fried onions. Lid on. Keep it on low flame for a while ( 5 minutes!) . Then it's done. The gorgeous " Hilsha biriyani".

Take a look into my one!-💗💗💗💗

 
                                                                 
                                                        My Hilsha Biriyani

N.B: You can try it with salmon or other fish. It may taste close.

And don't forget to follow my writings, read and leave your graceful comments in comment section. Thank you for your time! 👩👩

3 comments:

How to treat a delicate fish in nice way?

Hey there! How are you all?! It has been while I wrote something in my blog! Lot of things were going on in between.. so could not make tim...