Saturday, November 17, 2018

My First Thanksgiving in USA!!

Hello! How is everyone?? Ready to start weekend?? My weekend has started with a writing for you all. Today I am going to share my first thanksgiving experience in abroad. This is a very precious experience for me. I always adore that experience. I think I am so overwhelmed with the experience because I was never introduced with thanksgiving before I came abroad. It's thanksgiving week, so I think no other time will be great to share the story.

I feel myself fortunate as my friend invited me to her home to spend the thanksgiving weekend with her family. It was a great weekend. She and her family treated me vey well and gave me a homely environment what I was missing a lot as I just came abroad. 😢😢

We started early in the morning before thanksgiving day. It was 1.45 hours away from the place I used to live near school. The road was beautiful. Because fall color was still there on roadside. We made a few stops. It was not wet, snowy  November. The time we had reached it was late afternoon. We ate chicken & green beans for lunch. Then we took rest for a while. In the evening, we went out for a coffee. Then I proposed "Why not I prepare some curry for dinner?" They felt very happy and told me "Absolutely!!, nothing can be better plan than that" So we went to grocery stores to buy spices and all. I made potato curry and rice. Everyone loved it. My friend packed a few leftover to take with her at work! Then we started preparing cookies. Her mother shared wonderful recipe of pie and cookies. We helped her as much as we can. When everything is done, we all had a good night sleep.👌👌👌

Next morning! we had a light breakfast. I can't remember what actually we had. Then went out for shopping. Oh! Before that my friend's mother put the well marinated turkey in stove for baking. When we came back from shopping the turkey was almost done. Then we started preparing mashed potato, devil eggs, green beans, hash brown, corn, bun. When her siblings came from outside we all set our plates and ate together. We laughed, gossiped. It was fun. In the evening, we went out with dogs to make them a walk. When returned home, we all set the Christmas tree. We ate a lot in late afternoon. So did not eat much at night. Just had a glass of milk and cookies.

Image may contain: food
                                  The Thanksgiving platter with full of goodness!!…. 😄

Next day was black Friday, so we went to a cloth store where good sale was going on. We shopped cloths. Then it's time to return home. My friend and I drove to my home. My friend dropped me at home. It was wonderful thanksgiving weekend for me. I felt at home with them. I am so thankful for that.

Well, that's all. You might think why I am sharing this. But I felt to share. Hope you will like it and cherish your all good memories about thanksgiving and let me know in comments. I eagerly wait for your kind feedback.

Good Night! See you in next post. Till than bye!!….😊😊😊😊

I will be happy if you follow my blogs and also in following social media platform. The links are below:
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/nandine-mitra
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nminstastories14/


1 comment:

  1. Betting 1xbet korean - Legalbet.co.kr
    Betting 1xbet korean. betway betting is one of the most popular sports in the world with millions of customers looking 1xbet korea for the best odds for

    ReplyDelete

How to treat a delicate fish in nice way?

Hey there! How are you all?! It has been while I wrote something in my blog! Lot of things were going on in between.. so could not make tim...